The Umunthu Foundation, in partnership with AVERT, has been providing HIV services in Bangwe and Limbe, in the Blantyre region of Malawi, since 2010.
The Umunthu Foundation is the only organisation delivering vital HIV information, counselling and testing to local people of all ages. The partnership enables the community to educate and protect themselves, know their HIV status and access the support they need.
Without this, many thousands of local people at risk of HIV would not have access to these free and vital life-saving services, which are based in the heart of the local community. They include:
- HIV testing, monitoring and treatment
- services to prevent mother-to-child transmission of HIV
- youth education programmes in schools and youth clubs
- small loan programme to support travel and nutrition
- sexual health information and advice.