Would you like to spend two weeks or more in Africa supporting our networks of football coaches?
TackleAfrica are always looking for qualified football coaches with the skills, enthusiasm and personal qualities to undertake short projects in Africa. This adds support to our local staff team, and is also a fantastic personal development opportunity.
If you would like to register your interest, please complete the Volunteer-Application-Form (UK) and email to . There is a training and selection process including attendance of a training weekend, typically held each Autumn and Spring in London and Brighton.
- Applicants should be FA Level 1 qualified at least – Level 2 or above desirable – and have experience in football coaching
- Full training will be provided by TackleAfrica including a practical training/selection weekend in London which applicants must be available to attend
- TackleAfrica will provide flights, insurance, accommodation, local transport and a daily living allowance while in Africa
- Coaches will need to pay for their own inoculations and anti-malarials as well as the cost of any travel to/from the training weekend and their nearest airport
- Successful applicants pay a £100 charge towards the costs of training materials, kit and administration
- Places are limited and not all applicants who meet the criteria will be successful
- All applicants will need to go through a Criminal Records Bureau check before departure
- Coaches will travel in pairs wherever possible and work closely with in-country TackleAfrica staff
- Successful applicants will be expected and supported to fundraise £500 towards the cost of their flight within 12 months following the project, usually by taking part in a TackleAfrica Football Marathon
For more information please contact