Other than your A-game and a positive mental attitude, what else will you need?
Our recommendations are below – you can also download our Survival Guide. If you are pushed for time and space, the priorities are sun cream, water, sandwiches and football kit.
We recommend bringing a small shoulder bag or similar that you can stock up with water, suncream, snacks and your team schedule. You can then carry this from pitch to pitch and save a trip to your base camp.
- Shorts and socks
- Your most supportive and comfortable pair of pants
- Footwear. The ground will probably be too hard for studs – we recommend astros or mouldies/blades. Bring both if possible
- A cap or hat of some type for protection from the sun
- Shin pads
- Goalkeeping Gloves
- Something warm and/or waterproof just in case
- As much water as you can carry. More if possible.
- Sports drinks including lucozade
- Rehydration sachets such as Diarolyte
- More water
- Complex carbs such as pasta, sandwiches, cereal bars
- Simple carbs such as haribo, jelly babies or jaffa cakes
- Snacks such as flapjacks, protein shakes, bananas
Health and Safety
- High factor suncream – apply regularly even if it’s overcast
- Blister plasters
- Heat rubs/sprays
Bonus items if you have them:
- A gazebo
- Golfing Umbrella
- Camping/deck chairs
- Ice box
- Thermos flask full of tea