Over the past financial year, our programmes have continued to expand into new countries, and tackle new HIV and Sexual and Reproductive Health and Rights issues. This handy infographic gives an overview of the incredible work our coaches are doing across 11 countries.
- 610 coaches, teachers and peer leaders were trained to deliver sessions using TackleAfrica’s unique methodology.
- Through these coaches, over 18,000 young people were reached with information, support and services helping them to live healthier and safer sexual lives.
- Over 10,000 young people engaged with our programmes, meaning they were regular attendees or enrolled in a sexual health service. 50% of these young people were female.
- 233 young men underwent Voluntary Medical Male Circumcision, a procedure recommended by the WHO in high-prevalence areas of HIV that is shown to reduce the chances of female-to-male transmission of HIV by up to 60%.
- More than 28,000 contraceptives were distributed at our football sessions, outreaches and football tournaments.
- 4,351 young people went for voluntary counselling and testing for HIV.
If you would like to make a donation to our work, please visit the Donate page here and give securely through VirginMoneyGiving.