The TackleAfrica Brighton Football Marathon 2014 will take place at Brighton Aldridge Community Academy on 12th July 2014.
Everything you need to register a team is right here!
Here are the essentials:
- Teams of 8 will play 6aside football for 12 hours in a fundraising super-tournament
- Each team has a fundraising target of £1,360 – that’s £170 per player, £20 of which must be donated at the time of registration
- Teams will play an average of 25 games of football, each lasting 20 – 30 minutes
- Teams will play roughly 4 games on to 1 game off – and during these rest periods, players will take turns refereeing other games
- Each player will run an average of 40km during the day – about the same as running a marathon
- The team registration deadline is 5pm on Friday 6th June
- Team application form – Football Marathon 2014 Brighton
We will provide t-shirts, fundraising support, physios, trophies and all the logistics for an amazing day’s football. You need to bring a team of committed fundraising footballers and enough food and water for a VERY busy day.
Players of all genders and abilities are welcomed – the only criteria are that you’re over 16, in good health (check with your GP if unsure!) and are at least as committed to fundraising as you are to football. The event will be capped at 24 teams with places allocated on a first come first served basis.
To enter a team, download the below team registration form, complete it and email it to by 5pm on Friday 6th June. Registration will be confirmed when 8x£20 player registration donations have been made – this is easiest done at www.justgiving.com/brightonfm2014
Once you’re registered, we’ll send you fundraising packs, nutrition and training guides and all the other information you need.
Check out the Fundraising League table here
Aa short film showing how taking part in the Football Marathon helps save lives can be seen below.