Each team that hits target (£1760) before the event wins 3 seeding points and a photo of a TackleAfrica beneficiary thanking their team.
A further seeding point will be awarded for every £250 raised above target by the day of the event up to a team maximum of 8. Seeding points are combined with your performance in the group stages to determine your ranking for the final knockdown phase.
The top 10 fundraising teams will each get a private gazebo in the central area of the Football Marathon, next to the food van and physios. The top 5 gazebos will be put up by TackleAfrica and contain 8 chairs, plus an Alive and Kicking football.
Teams 11-20 will share a marquee in the central area.
The top fundraising team will also win:
- Ex Arsenal midfielder David Hillier to play for them in the second group stage
- A highlights video of their team from the second group stage onwards
- A replica World Cup trophy
- A Puma evospeed hybrid football
- A set of TackleAfrica rain jackets