Waterhall Playing Fields, Waterhall Road, Brighton, BN1 8YR
Within our programmes we tackle issues like FGM/C, Child Marriage, Gender Based Violence and empower LGBTQI communities. We are proud that 50% of our coaches across the 9 countries we work in are female. The importance of this work across Africa is really important and without events like The Football Marathons we could not fund these programmes.
The Football Marathon is the ultimate test of skill and endurance! Now in its 22nd year, the event has raised over £2m to support Tackle’s work.
- Each player has a £200 fundraising target, of which £20 must be paid at the time of registration. You can fundraise individually or as a team.
- Registration deadline 14th June. The event is capped at 12 teams on a first come first served basis. Players can be replaced or changed up until the start of the event.
- Each team will play 20-25 games of football in a 12 hour tournament with 2 group stages and an eventual knockdown phase
- We’ll provide fundraising support and guidance, t-shirts and an unbeatable tournament experience.
- Women & Non Binery of all abilities welcome – you just need to be over 16, in reasonable health (consult your doctor if unsure) and committed to hitting your fundraising target.