Online fundraising is the easiest, most secure and cheapest method.
If you do collect cash, you can bank it and donate to your own page.
JustGiving claim Gift Aid for us, saving money and increasing the impact of your fundraising.
Set Up a Free Online Fundraising Page with JustGiving
- Just click the links, select ‘fundraise for us’ and then follow the steps to choose your URL and personalise your page
- You can find templates and text later in this guide to help with your page.
- Send the link to your friends and family via social media and email
- Try to make the first donation a big one! Others may follow suit
- Keep your story short, personal and fun
- Don’t be afraid to keep asking. People feel good when they give to charity and as long as you ask nicely, they will be happy to be reminded
- Remember every donation really does make a big difference
- When people sponsor you, thank them on Facebook or Twitter. This also helps as a prompt for others
- Ask for help from your company, school, parents or anyone else! The more ideas the better
Text and Templates
On 1st July I will be climbing Kilimanjaro, Africa’s highest mountain, to raise money for Tackle.
All the funds I raise will help support young people affected by HIV in Africa. Please sponsor me at this link
Next month I’m swimming the channel to raise money to help kids in Africa. I can’t even swim! The first to donate at this link wins a cake.
I’m going to play football for 12 hours on 9th June to raise money for the awesome @Tackle to help kids affected by HIV in Africa. I’ll run/limp about 40km on the day – same as a marathon – and it’ll really hurt. Please sponsor me!
We’re a small charity with a big mission. Every pound you raise really does make a difference to our work, and to the lives of the young people we support.
If you’d like to find out more, have ideas, or would like to get more involved with our work, please get in touch!